John here, and I need to ask all of you a favor, which is why I'm making a public entry about what's been going on, and hopefully I can get help from you guys, if you think I deserve the help that is. I'll tell you guys what's going on, then ask the favor, and you guys decide if you'll do it or not.. I hope you will though.
Alright, so the thing is that we moved into an apartment temporarily because the house we wanted to buy went all the way to the final process before falling through, meaning, that, we ended up not being able to buy the house we wanted to. This was a predicament since we, ourselves had to sleep in hotels for a few nights, basically, we were homeless. Of course though, the hotel didn't let dogs go there, neither did they allow dogs at the apartment we moved into afterwards. So what were we suppose to do?
We had the options of kennels, but to a dog that's kind of like sentencing them to jail, and we didn't want to do that especially since we weren't to sure how long we would be at the apartment. We didn't want our dog, Maven, to suffer there needlessly. So, we decided to ask Saveadog organization where we adopted her from to watch Maven for us. They agreed that they would be able to watch Maven for as long as possible for us.
Now, that seemed like such a good idea since Saveadog, obviously, has many dog loving families, so many that we figured it would be better than to send Maven to the kennels. So we contacted Saveadog, Shirley Moore, head of Saveadog, agreed to watch our dog for as long as possible, however, when we brought our dog to her she made us sign a form that would relinquish Maven if we didn't ask for her back by June 26th, 2004. She told us it was only a formality and she knew that we cared about our dog and that it was only in case families used Saveadog as an excuse to abandon their dogs. So we signed it.
E-mails were sent out to Mary Dillion who was the foster mother of Maven while we were searching for a temporary home for ourselves to live in. After we found where we ourselves would live we would move into a permanant home shortly afterwards. Finals came up on me, and I had to study, and pull grades up as the year ended, this however, wound up taking up a lot of time, three weeks out of the four that Shirley had us sign. Since she told us that it was only a formality my family did not think much of it, and continued thinking that Shirley would watch our dog as she agreed.
June 30th came around and things had finally calmed down. We were moving quickly in the process of house searching, we had found a great house for us and a nice big yard for Maven. School ended and we finally had time to settle things down, however, June 30th was the day Shirley, inconsiderately, called my dad up when he was at work, it was a "courtesy call" as she claims, and it was to inform us that she had given our dog away to a different family.
Following her call my father called me and as a result I called Shirley back. My father told me that Shirley had told him to find a way to break the news to me since she would not do it, however, his way of breaking the news was to call Shirley. So I did. After talking to Shirley on the phone she informed me the following things:
She did not believe my family capable of taking care of Maven.
She called my parents "irresponsible" and "uncaring"
She claimed that Maven suffered in the two years that she lived with us.
Now, this was not what she told my father. She told my father that the period was over and we did not claim Maven, as a result she gave her away. Shirley gave me completely different reasons, and told me that she had not given Maven away yet, when she clearly told my father that she had.
Following are e-mails that were sent between me and her as a result of this ( situation: )
This is the situation that has been going on and these are the facts:
My mom did sign the form, with the agreement that it was only a formality.
Shirley lied to my parents and lied to me, what's to prevent her from lying further?
After four days of the expired time she is so quickly able to give Maven to another family? This is suspicious.
She claims that no contact was ever made checking up on Maven, and yet, there they are, and there was the e-mail that was never replied back to me which, as a result was lost.
What is her claim that my parents wouldn't pay for it? I mean, I don't have a job, where would I have gotten the money from?
Her "courtesy call" was a joke, it was only to tell us when we had nothing we could do that she was giving our dog away. That is not a courtesy call, that's being malicious.
What truth is she talking about, for me to realize? That she's a lying cheat? She doesn't explain herself, the time doesn't add up, she insults my parents, and she refuses to give me correspondence with her attorney through e-mail? When I explained to her that I wanted written records of everything that has occured?
This is what happened, these are the e-mails, these are what I believe to be the facts. I hope that any of you who read this will form your own judgement of what has come to pass but in a closing word I would like to mention just a bit more.
I cared about my dog and when I finished with her I spent an hour crying on the phone with a friend, my sister when she heard started to cry as well, in fact, when we mention it she still goes to the verge of tears, my parents are furious beyond belief showing their care for the dog, and my grandmother has emotional breakdowns over the dog as well. I know that by the law and by the written papers that were signed this is a losing case, but, my whole family cared for the dog, it was our dog and in our mistake to make her more comfortable she got taken away from us, this is a losing case by written paper, but there is more to it than just what's on paper, it's about care, it's about another being, it's about a family member. If your family member was taken away wouldn't you fight to even if the odds are against you?
Please, I personally think that this is un-just, that this is unfair, and that I will do anything to get my dog back, if I can't get my dog back at the very least it would please me to see Shirley out of her office because she is not capable of the position I belive. I plan on doing just what I said, I plan on handing out phamplets at her next event telling people about this, I plan on e-mailing her and fighting for my dog back, I plan on doing everything, and even if this must go to court, I will go that far.
In conclusion, I would like to ask any of you out there, that if you find that you fall to my side in this event please e-mail Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org and pressure her about this. As a teenager I don't have power to influence the law, I don't have the power to sue, my parents will handle that, but as a teenager I can pressure her, I can pester her, and damn it, whatever I need to do I will get my dog/sister back or someone is going to realize that she made the biggest mistake of her life to do this too me. Please.. I want to have my entire family back and in a new house, I want to have what anyone would want in this case, I won't let up, and not to sound cliche but I will die trying to get my family whole again, no matter what the odds.
Crossposted: Where ever I can.